This is warm and comforting. You can easily leave the crab out, and most people won’t notice anything missing, even after you tell them it’s Artichoke Crab Dip.
Artichoke Crab Dip
Recipe type: dip
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts (whole, or chopped, if you don't use a food processor)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (whole, or chopped, if you don't use a food processor)
- 1/4 cup onions (quartered, or finely chopped, if you don't use a food processor)
- 1 cup crab meat (don't tell anyone, but I've used canned)
- 1 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
If using a food processor
- Place artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and onion in food processor.
- Pulse until most of the small chunks are gone (you want it a little lumpy).
- Add everything else except the Parmesan cheese to the bowl.
- Pulse till combined.
- Chop the artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and onion.
- Combine everything else except the Parmesan cheese with the chopped vegetables and stir well. A hand mixer works well to eliminate the cream-cheese lumps.
To the results of either method above:
- Stir in crab meat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Place mixture into oven-proof bowl. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 10 – 20 minutes until heated through and bubbly on top.
Serve with crackers, vegetables, sturdy bread, toasted baguette slices.