Caramel Apple Dip
Recipe type: appetizer
Rich and creamy caramel dip for apples. Or anything, really. You could make your own caramel. but it's really not worth the bother when you'll be adding cream cheese and sugar.
- 32 caramels (Kraft, etc., less than a 14 oz. bag)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Unwrap caramels and place in microwave-safe bowl. Unwrapping takes much longer than you'd think it would.
- Add milk.
- Microwave on medium for about 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until melted and smooth.
- Cream together cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add cream cheese mixture to caramel mixture and stir well.
Serve with apples, bananas, pears, cookies. Especially good warm, but room temperature is fine.