Double Tomato Bruschetta
Recipe type: appetizer
Sun-dried and fresh tomatoes, and full of flavor.
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or Asiago cheese (fresh, shredded)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (stems removed), chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes or pulse in a food processor.
- Remove the seeds from the roma tomatoes. This is optional, but I usually do so.
- Chop tomatoes or pulse in a food processor.
- Let tomatoes drain in a sieve for a few minutes to drain some of the liquid.
- Combine everything.
- Allow the mixture to sit for at least 10 minutes (several hours or overnight in the refrigerator is better).
Serve with sliced baguettes, Italian toast, crackers, your fingers, a shovel.
Back to top.