Recipe type: dip
Fresh basil flavor any time of year.
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup nuts (walnuts, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Puree basil, nuts, and garlic in blender or food processor.
- Blend in cheese.
- On low speed, slowly add 1/2-cup oil.
- Pour into container and add thin layer of olive oil over the top, then refrigerate.
You can also divide this into ice cube trays and freeze. Put frozen cubes in a plastic bag and use as needed.