This recipe is from a daycare provider in our area who is legendary. Our kids didn’t go to daycare, but many friends and relatives were cared for by her, so we got the benefit of this recipe and her birthday cakes. She always served a hot breakfast and a hot lunch.
Kids love these breakfast crepes. Extremely easy because you don’t have to let the batter rest.
Serve with fresh fruit, jelly or jam, powdered sugar, or syrup.
Batter keeps in the refrigerator for a few days.
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla
- Add part of the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until creamy and lumps are gone.
- Add the rest of the milk mixture. You may need up to 1/2 cup more milk to make the batter very runny.
- Pour batter into a frying pan, enough to cover the bottom with a thin layer.
- Cook until lightly golden, then turn until the other side is lightly golden.