From my grandma. Crisp and not too sweet. Nice complement to fussy Christmas cookies.
Dough must be chilled for at least a few hours before shaping.
Butterscotch Cookies (cookie press)
Thin crisp cookies that aren't too sweet.
- 3/4 cups shortening
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together shortening, eggs, and sugar.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Use a cookie press to make flat, corrugated strips on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet. Cut strips about 2" long.
- Bake at 375° for 8 – 12 minutes, until light brown.
- Let cool on pan for a few minutes. Not too long or they will become one with the pan or paper.