Another one from one of my grandmas. These are one of Captain OCD’s favorites.
Honey Cookies (cookie press)
Rich, caramel-brown cookies full of flavor.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon water (Does such a small amount really make a difference? I don't know.)
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together butter, sugar, honey, and water.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Use a cookie press to make flower or bell shapes.
- Bake at 400° for 8 – 10 minutes, or until medium brown.
These taste better if they aren't too soft. Careful, though: bake too long and they turn into teeth-busting rocks.