French Vanilla Ice Cream - not custard-type
Excellent alone, or makes a good base for lots of flavors. Captain OCD often adds a whole can of frozen concentrated juice (don't add water) to this for flavor. Omit or reduce the vanilla, depending on the flavor you're going for.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream (not whipped)
- 1 cup whole milk (if you're trying to cut fat, find another recipe: there are lots)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Whisk the eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar a little bit at a time.
- Mix for about another minute or two.
- Add the whipping cream, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix for another minute.
- Follow the directions for your ice cream maker.