Also makes a good appetizer if you use whole baby carrots. Another recipe adapted from a recipe in the 1995 Neiman Marcus No Jacket Required cookbook. Make this the day before so the flavors meld.
Colorful and tangy-sweet carrots. Good for salad or appetizer.
- 2 lb carrots (cooked until just past crunchy)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 12 oz V-8 vegetable juice (I don't like V-8, either, but this salad is delicious)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Slice cooked carrots into rounds or sticks. Or use whole, cooked baby carrots.
- Combine carrots, bell pepper, and onions.
- Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over vegetables.
- Cover and chill overnight.